The Beautiful Home Furniture of Lee Industries
Since 1969 Lee Industries has been committed to manufacturing upholstery with eco-friendly products; using sustainable processes by people who care about the environment.
Lee has donated over 142,515 trees to the American forests. Natural Lee cushioning saves 64 gallons of crude oil per day, which equals 28 trips around the world in one year. Their one-back cushion uses more than 116 recycled plastic bottles, while new technologies maximize fabric and leather yields.
Here is what is inside each Lee piece of furniture:
1. Cushions – Environmental-friendly foam core cushion fibers in a down proof ticking, are 80% regenerated and consist of virgin waste fibers. Natural Lee foam replaces 30% of the petroleum based ingredients with a renewable soy-based BiOH 7th polyol.
2. & 3. Back Cushions and Throw Pillows – Recycled fibers from clear and white plastic bottles makes up 100% of Lee pillows, while the casing is made of down proof ticking.
4. Seat Deck and Twin Pad – 80% of their decks and pads consist of virgin waste fibers added with a binder.
5. Arm Padding – Natural Lee foam padding is soy-based, with a fiber overlay made from 80% regenerated fibers.
6. Frames – Lee frames are constructed of engineered laminated panels and soy-based resins.
7. Fabrics – Lee has always focused on natural fibers; cotton, linen, hemp and jute and all are natural crops grown in the field.
8. Finish – Very low organic compound VOC finishes are used by Lee, rather than conventional VOC finishes which can release harmful pollutants.
9. Recycling – Lee recycles papers, plastic, aluminum and cardboard.
10. FR Free – Since March 2014 Lee Industries is 100% compliant to the new TB117-2013 flammability requirements. This Certiplus-US assures their products meet specific criteria for physical performance, indoor emissions and pose no health risks.
Not only is Lee an environmentally-responsible American manufacturer, they produce sophisticated, stylish and durable upholstery for your home.
Visit John William Interiors and speak with Dennis Myers, one of our professional designers, with any questions.